The First Time | Teen Ink

The First Time

October 5, 2008
By Anonymous

I hate my braces! I have had my braces for 5 years, and I am sick of them! The first time I walked into the orthodontists office and sat down on that terrifying chair they put a mouth spreader in my mouth! If you are wondering what that is, it is a metal bar that fits at the top of your mouth and has a key that you have to turn every night to widen the roof of your mouth. When you turn the key for the few first times you can hear the bones cracking in your mouth! So any way, when they put it in my mouth they told me it was going to be very painful. I’m not so good with pain. So when they put it in my mouth they wanted to test it. He told me to have my fist ready to punch him in the jaw if he hurt me. Instead, I told him if he went anywhere near my mouth I would punch him! After I said that I felt so embarrassed. I didn’t want them to think I was mean or rude. Once I left, all I could hear was the orthodontists and his assistants talking about me and laughing! Once I got home, my mom punished me for saying what I said and made me sit in front of my bathroom mirror until I felt sorry for what I had done. Now every time I go in the office everyone knows who I am and what I did! The funny thing is, now we all have a great bond because of the experience.


The author's comments:
I hate braces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!