Very First Day | Teen Ink

Very First Day

I was only 4 years old, but I remember it like yesterday. When my mom told me it would be my very
first day at school. I asked so many questions. She hadold me I’d be fine and make a lot of friends. I admit I
was scared.
I didn’t know what to expect. If I should be happy or worried. It was something I hadn’t realized I had to do.Something unexpected, something out of mind. I hardly knew what school was but I was about to find out.
My mom had woke me up and drove me to school. All different emotions were going through my body. She walked me in my class and a lady which looked to be my teacher greeted us. There was many kids in the room
with their parents. The children had all stopped what they were doing and turned to me. I had a great day at school and I was glad I went, but I didn’t have a choice anyways.
My experience has taught me to conquer my fears. That was the only way too. If I hadn’t I would fear of
about everything that deals with school, but everyone has the right to nervous on their first day of school.

BunkerZ said...
I was the same way on my first day of school. I was so scared I didn’t know what to expect at the time. My mom said the same exact thing and I really didn’t believe her cause it was all new to me and when I got use to it. It really wasn’t really that bad. Because it was so easy when I look back on it now.

This story really brought back memories because I can still remember my first day at school just like it was yesterday also. Not knowing what to expect or what was going to happen, I walked into that school with a sense of fear. This time in life was so memorable because I know that I will never be able to experience it again. I agree though with the writer that once you got past the initial fear we have learned to move on with life and take things as they come at us.