GOOD-BYE GIRL | Teen Ink

GOOD-BYE GIRL

October 15, 2008
By Anonymous

I moved to Nebraska from South Texas a part where no one is safe. It’s kind of weird moving from what they call “streets in Texas to a place with cats and dogs walking together.

First day of school I met this girl that no one really talked to till I saw her; I had to say something. I introduced myself to her. Like usual as time flies days, months we grew more attached to each other and I had introduced my family to Mercedes. My parents like her.

Then when my favorite sport season came up “track” Mercedes attended all my meets to support me. Then after the meets are done we would go out to eat or hangout at our favorite place “My House.” It’s a good place to eat and/or hangout.
Like always the was late I walked Mercedes home, then head back home and went straight to sleep dreaming of what we were going to do tomorrow. Then out of nowhere three in the morning my mom woke me up and told me that my grandpa passed away, he was more like a second dad to me. I was very disappointed he was a good person.
Then my parents told me we would have to move back to Texas. The things that came to my head “how could I live through the streets again?” But the first thing that came up has Mercedes. How am I going to tell her about this? What will happen when I leave? Will Mercedes go back to how she was last time with no one to talk to? “Gosh”, it was really hard for me the day we started packing I told Mercedes she wasn’t very happy.
But to make use of time while we were packing Mercedes helped me pack. Then I came to that time. The time I had to say good-bye. I gave her a hug along with my white Nike sweater. The sweater that I wore most the time except the time Mercedes tells me she feels cold then I would let her wear the sweater. I gave it to her because I wanted to give her something so she had something that she could remember me by. So she feels that I’m still there, right next to her like always.
Well I’m on the road passenger seat just watching the exit signs on the highway, and then there it was the “sign”, “Now leaving Nebraska.”

The author's comments:
well i wrote this because i just express all of my thing through writings