Freeze! | Teen Ink

Freeze!

October 13, 2008
By Anonymous

One of my most embarrassing moments was when I was at camp this summer and it was a Sunday night and every Sunday night we have pizza for dinner and everyone in my cabin gets excited. So that Sunday at dinner our counselors brought the box to our table and everyone started to grab their box to fill their empty bellies. Every meal our counselors call out FREEZE randomly when no one knows and everyone stops what they’re doing. The first two people to move have to clean up the tables at the end of the meal. As everyone got up to get the pizza, take a wild guess, our counselors shout FREEZE! We were all in uncomfortable positions so it was really hard to stay still.

Now the embarrassing part, my hand was resting over the fruit punch jug and the guy from the table across from me thought it would be funny to stick my hand in the freezing, ice cold, fruit punch and so he did. My hand was so numb and freezing I couldn’t wait to pull it out. Everyone around me was looking at me like I was an idiot with my hand in the jug. Finally, two people moved and I shot my hand out of there.

The next day I was asked by almost everyone if I had high blood pressure because my hand was beet red. I said no and had to explain the whole thing over again. Not only was it embarrassing but it was annoying to say it over and over.

Later on I laughed at it and I still do today. It brings a whole new meaning to the word freeze!