Muhammad Ali Champion | Teen Ink

Muhammad Ali Champion

Muhammad Ali champion

Muhammad Ali Champion was written by Arlene Schulman. This is a great book that any one who likes sports would love. This book talks about his entire life from when he was twelve to present day. It covers his personal life, his career (boxer), and civil rights problems. It also contains a lot interesting photographs. It all started when he was twelve years old. His birth name was Cassius Clay Jr. He was born January 17, 1942. He was born in Louisville Kentucky. He knew by the age of 12 he wanted to be a fighter. At 18 years old he went to the Olympics and won a gold medal. After the Olympics he turned professional. He the converted to Islam and changed his name to Muhammad Ali. Not only was he a great boxer but he wanted more civil rights and he spoke out against the Vietnam War. After he retired he was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, which caused him to shake and speak slowly. The doctors think this happened because he was hit in the head so many times. You know I loved this book and I hope you love too, so read the book!