Little Miss Los Angeles | Teen Ink

Little Miss Los Angeles

“What is this?” I asked my parents. I looked down at the thing in my hand. It was a post card from Los Angeles. My parents had just come back from a trip to L.A. and it was my half birthday. Have you ever had a moment where you feel like Olive in Little Miss Sunshine? I have. I was star struck when I was in 5th grade. All I had ever wanted to do was meet a celebrity.

“Flip it over,” My mom said. I did and the letter said that I was going to L.A. to the Movie premiere for Pirates Of The Caribbean 3. I wasn’t going to stand at the side watching all the stars walk down the red carpet; I was going to walk down the red carpet! I ran upstairs and started packing even though I was leaving in a month.

A month later, my mom and I where off to Disneyland, that’s where the premiere was held. All the ticket precedes went to the make a wish foundation. When we got on the plane, I couldn’t stop talking about the premiere. We met some people on the plane who were also walking down the red carpet, also. When I got to the hotel I started screaming. I was so happy to be there! I don’t know anyone who has ever had an experience like it before. Our hotel room was not that bad. We stayed at the Paradise Pier hotel in Disneyland. We were lucky to find a hotel in Disneyland, and all the hotels were supposed to be sold out because it was the premiere and there was a dentist convention. My mom called early one morning and we got an open room.

“Wow, they even give us complementary rice crispy treats shaped as Mickey Mouse!” I said, joking about how it was happiness served on a white glass plate. I looked on my bedside table and there was a piece of paper. The papers title read Disneygram, and had a picture of Mickey Mouse on it. The letter said:

Dear Guest,

On Saturday, May 19th, Disneyland® park will host the world premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, starring Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly. Although the premiere is limited to invited Guests only, Resort Guests may view the “Red Carper Arrival” on Main Street U.S.A., at the approximately 4:30 p.m. on Saturday evening. Viewing capacity will be limited, early arrival is suggested.

I was so happy that I wanted to go to the park just to check things out, but the park was closed for some reason so instead we went to Downtown Disney. When I got there my dad called me.

“Hi sweaty!” He said.

“Hi Daddy,” I replied.

“How’s Disneyland?”

“It’s good but the park is closed,”

“I’m sorry but guess what?” My dad said.

“What?” I asked.

“Your getting your ears pierced if you want!” My dad said. I started screaming. I was so scared to get them pierced. My mom and I walked all the way over to this place called Club Libby Lu. I sat in the chair as they put holes through my ears. It didn’t hurt, but then again don’t ask me because I don’t really remember it. After that my mom went to Sephora and I couldn’t stop looking at my ears in the mirror. It was really funny. The next day was the day before the premiere. I went to the park and saw a screen that was as big as two billboards put together. It was for the premiere. I couldn’t believe it. I had never seen a screen that big before! It was amazing. The next day we walked into the park there was this huge red carpet with people standing on the side looking at the red carpet I was amazed. You weren’t allowed to walk on the red carpet except for this one part where you could cross the red to get to the other side of the park and someone spilled ice on that part and a clean up crew was cleaning it up. We walked over to Space Mountain, and my mom’s friend called her. She said I was sitting next to Miley Cyrus! I was so happy; Miley Cyrus was my favorite singer in 5th grade. That night we got ready for the premiere. When we got there, it was amazing walking down that red carpet. I waved to newscasters and people in the crowed. When I got into the place where their movie was held, I saw Janis Dickinson screaming at her son. Same old Janis, I thought. When I sat down in my seat, Miley Cyrus wasn’t sitting next to me. Then my mom’s friend walked up to us.

“Hi guys! Sorry Miley isn’t here she couldn’t make it!” She said, and then her phone started ringing. “I have to take this. It’s Johnny Depp; he’s having problems with his seats,”

So I had a really good time at the premiere. It was an incredible experience and I wish I could go back to that day.

After that expireance, I wanted to be an actress. I'm trying, and hopfully can become an actress.