My Perfect Pet | Teen Ink

My Perfect Pet

By tspoon83 SILVER, Roselle Park, New Jersey
tspoon83 SILVER, Roselle Park, New Jersey

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
- Dr. Maya Angelou

My perfect pet would have to be a dog. Specifically, a golden retriever -German shepherd mix. I chose this mix because that’s what my dog Faith is. Basically, Faith is my perfect pet.

Sounds
When I hang out with Faith, she makes the most interesting sounds. The first sound would have to be her whining. Whether she wants more food, needs to go outside or she just wants one of the family members to pet or play with her. Secondly is her barking. She barks at other dogs, when the doorbell rings and when we play tug of war! It’s hilarious, because when we say “AWW” Faith jumps into the window sill and starts barking. Later, we found out she was insecure, so we stopped saying that. Thirdly is her panting. After a long walk this is Faith’s favorite thing! Lastly is the sound of Faith shaking after being wet. I hate it when this happens because she stinks badly. This concludes the sounds of my perfect pet.

Smells
Firstly, the wet dog smells, which I mentioned before. A disgusting smell that all dog lovers at one point have experienced. Secondly, the outdoor smell. Whenever I take Faith to the tie out and for five minutes, she comes back smelling like the forest. And, yes it is true. Ask my mother. Thirdly is her stinky dog breathe! When my dog sits litterly right in front of us and puts her tongue out, we know Faith really needs some doggy mints!

Looks of my perfect Pet

When I see my dog she has soft golden brown fur. Looking like a furry honey colored stuffed animal. Secondly, I see a cute black snout with wet spots in the nostrils. I also see four cute paws. Lastly, I see a honey colored, snow white tail that wags cheerfully. Plus two brown bulbous eyes and a pair of golden ears.

Emotions or feelings
I feel various emotions of my dog. But, I will on list three. Love, happiness, and securiness. I feel love for my pet because she’s a very loyal dog. She comforts me when I feel sad too. You can think of it like this. If you have stuff animal and you love it so much! That’s that same feeling I have for my dog too! Secondly, I feel happiness. Whenever I come back from vacation or school, my dog is right there always greeting me with kisses! Thirdly I feel secure. When I get scared at night, Faith looks outside my window and scans the whole house making sure we’re safe! This gives me a sense of comfort and good night’s rest. This is why my dog is my perfect pet!