See You Again | Teen Ink

See You Again

By musikreadr711 SILVER, Liverpool, New York
musikreadr711 SILVER, Liverpool, New York

"I have that watch except it's purple and different." and "Yes I could go for a frozen treat right about now. But no sprinkles. And for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you."

I woke up one morning, thinking everything was gonna be the same as yesterday. But when I turned on the news, your picture was on there. The title said " Car Crash". I listened to see if you were ok but they said no one survived. My heart sank instantly. I called everyone to see if it was true. When everyone said yes, I hung up the phone and locked myself in my room. I cried all day and I cried myself to sleep. The next day, I asked if it was all a dream but somehow I knew it wasn't. I went to school but couldn't make it through the day without crying just once. So I ran, just ran to nowhere. I couldn't think, couldn't see and couldn't hear anyone. I just kept running. I ran to hide, to cry alone so no one could see me. I tried to be strong like you always said to be but I couldn't do it. I got home and everyone was there, friends and family. They just looked at me, my eyes were red and puffy, my nose was red and my hair was a mess. I got so many hugs, I couldn't stand it, so I left to my room. After your funeral, I still couldn't accept the fact that you were gone but I just kept that to myself and pretended I was recovering. All my pain was stored in my heart but I let it out in my writing. A few months later, I had so much writing dedicated to you that I put it in a scrapbook to keep track of it. I was barely getting over you passing away but all my pain was in my writing. A few years later, I still remember that day, the day you slipped away. I found that my life would never be the same as it was when you were in it. I miss you so much, my heart can't take it. When you were gone, I never forgave myself because I was the one who put you in that car. I keep asking why you passed by and the answer I have is that you were an angel on this earth and God needed you back in heaven. So when it's my time, I'll meet you up in heaven but for now you're in my heart, my dreams, my thoughts and my writing. I'll never forget you and what you meant to me. I still remember the day you slipped away from me and I'll always miss you, until I meet you in heaven when it's our time to meet. I will keep writing about you until it's my time to go. I still can't believe you slipped away from me but I know that someday we will meet again. Love you and miss you lots.

When you love someone and they pass away, it's hard to believe they are gone. I had a hard time believing my granfather was gone but I was also imature at the time and didn't understand much. I just blocked out what happened. You don't want to do that, you need to let out the pain somehow. Don't just forget. I forgot many of the memories I had with my grandfather and all I remember is that I loved him dearly. I forgot because I blocked out the past and all of the bad things that happened to me but sadly, I forgot some of the good memories I had. So if you like to write, write out your feelings or your past experiences. I am and I love it and I hope you will to if you do write.

LadyLuck said...
on Oct. 8 2008 at 1:28 am
OMG. !!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!

on Oct. 4 2008 at 3:11 pm
This is an awesome article. You can definitely write. You write from your heart and you show you are beautiful and intelligent. Keep writing from your heart and it will take you places you can only imagine.