Operation Take Back Life Message 1 | Teen Ink

Operation Take Back Life Message 1

By Believer17 SILVER, River Rouge, Michigan
Believer17 SILVER, River Rouge, Michigan

This is something that is completely original. It is something that is inspired by Invisible Children and their fight to end LRA atrocities. The children in Africa have had their lives destroyed and they have been ripped of their childhood. Schools have been destroyed and their minds are mentally unstable. It pains me to see or hear about a child going through something like that. Why should it happen to them? What did they do to deserve something like that? Children don’t ask to be brought into this world. They are born not knowing the families or the life situations they are going to be placed in. They are born not knowing what country, city, town, or state they are going to be born into. Invisible Children believes that all life is equal and that all life has value. Jason Russell said, “Where you live shouldn’t determine whether you live.” I got to thinking about that. There is another meaning of the word “live” that we don’t know about. The other part of that is loving the life that you have. Enjoying waking up in the morning. Not running from anything and being scared that something is going to happen to you.
Living is having your spirit and your mind free of all hurt and not letting the past determine how you live your future. And that my friends is Operation Take Back Life. It is giving those children a reason to wake up in the morning and smile. It is getting them to remember how to smile. Being there for them and moving hand and hand with them. Letting them know that they have someone behind them who will protect them. Ben Kessey said, “Our liberty is bound together.” That is something important and can’t be overlooked. Those children and beautiful and they need to know that what Joseph Kony did to them and made them do does not determine how they lead their lives. Our choices shape our lives and form our legacy. These children are Titanium and Joseph Kony can’t and will not break them!

WE ARE TITANIUM!!