Remember Her Will I Forever | Teen Ink

Remember Her Will I Forever

September 18, 2008
By Anonymous

I remember that day. The day she looked at me with her soft gray eyes that, in fact, once were blue. But she lay there now… tubes and wires, beeps and boops… Frail. Her hands were cold, almost lifeless, and I was afraid. I didn’t know what to say or what to do, too young to verbalize, but intelligent enough to know what was occurring.

Her face was all but without color and she breathed shallowly. And as she came to, we could hear her incoherent ramblings of a life she once knew. And al too soon the doctor came into the room to shoo the young ones away, but she insisted we be open to the choice to stay or leave. I stayed with my mother, father, brother, and sister as her face turned white and pure, like that of her younger, former years. And her spirit chilled and warmed us as her years and years of wisdom and memories were all but turned back like the sands of time and she passed.

I remember that day. The day here gray eyes turned back to blue and she closed her eyes to be with him. The day my Nanna went to be with her true love, passed in the years before her, on the other side where they both shall walk, together and hold each other in a tight embrace forever… in forever-ness… I remember and I will never forget, because I know… she is in a better place… with him- safe and sound with her love and peacefully resting. She no longer feels the pain. She is peacefully resting.
“I love you Nanna.”