Summer Job This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

For a summer job I worked at a fast food restaurant near my home. I finally started to get the hang of things about one month into the summer and maybe I became a little over confident.

One day we had a rush of people and the ketchup dispenser was empty. My manager asked me to fill it. I got the two bottles and brought them down back to fill them. As I returned to the front of the restaurant, I tripped over a box and fell. I remember as I was falling thinking, this is not happening.

Not only did I fall, but the ketchup bottles did too. They hit the floor and the ketchup flew upward hitting everyone. It splattered over all the employees at the registers not to mention the customers ordering. It hit the ceiling and the shelves. We had to pay to clean people's clothes. It was so embarrassing.

Even more embarrassing was that my cousin worked there too and saw the whole thing. Now she tells this story at every family gathering. Luckily, it will never happen again because I am no longer allowed to fill the ketchup dispensers. c

Babie said...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 2:55 am
0mgosh that is funny hay just think of it as a memorie u had with your cus lol