Back in time | Teen Ink

Back in time

I wish I could go back to middle school. The time when everything was right. When everything made sense.

In middle school I had friends. In middle school I made good grades. In middle school had meaningless crushes that never lead to disappointment. In middle school everything seemed perfect.

Now it's four weeks in to ninth grade year.

I don't have real friends. I'm not making good grades. My crush just told me we should be "just friends." Everything is not perfect.

I don't have too much of a problem with the "just friends" thing except resently it's gotten akward.

And I don't need people to tell every detail of my life to, just friends who I actually like sitting with at lunch.

Grades...well I wish those could be perfect, but that seems impossible this school year. I just want Bs and Cs!

For once I am counting the days, weeks, minutes, seconds until summer. And man is that a long time!

Hey. I'm the person who wrote this and I just wanted to tell anyone who reads this, that things are looking up, now. I'm making all As and Bs and well, the friend thing is OK. And I have a new crush who I *think* may like me. It's gotten way better since I wrote this. :)