Leaving

“Kaira lets go!!” My mom yelled. “Hurry ¬¬¬¬¬¬UP!!!!!!!!!!!!”
She was getting kind of annoyed with me because she had been yelling that for at least half an hour!
“I’m coming!!” I yelled back. We were going to Ann Morison Park for the day to fly kites and have a picnic.

We all piled in my dark green Bravada. ”And were off!” my dad said as mom pushed down the gas pedal.

“Are we there yet?” Ian (my little brother) who was playing with his transformers asked. We were about to pass my bff Jen’s house when my mom stopped.

Jen was having a moving sale. Mom and Ian and I got out to have a look around. Jen was organizing tables with everything pink on it. The table was even pink. I went over to check it out. She had all sorts of things on the table. She had some stuffed animals and art supplies and notebooks and cups of lemonade. Ian found the free box and got a few video tapes and Brent, Jen’s dad, gave Ian a big box of cars. Ian was so happy!!!!

I went back to the truck and sat there for a long time. Mom went to talk to Mary, Jen’s mom, and they talked forever at least that’s what it felt like. Then after a while Mary asked jen to do something and apparently jen said yes because she got in my truck a minute later and she said
”mom said I could go to the park with you guys and Sherilyn (my mom) agreed.” Mom got back in the car and we went to the park for the rest of the day. Jen spent the night and went back home the next day around noon to keep packing.

All of this happened in the forth grade. That was the worst picnic EVER!!! Oh, and to add to the bad day, it rained when we got to the park after we unpacked every thing.