Why Did You Have To Go "Solo"?

I was so ecited when I figured out I was going to Homecoming with Matt. He was a really great looking guy. The next day he was sick and throwing up. I called and talked to him on the phone for a little bit when I asked him if we were just dating, or if it was justto the dance. He said he was thinking the same thing. I told that it was up to him. He told me he would think about it. We just talked and kept talking. Then he had to go be sick in the bathroom again. He texted me and aske dme if he could go solo. I asked him if it was the dating or the dance and hesaid both. I asked him why the dance. He just said trust me. I couldn't stop crying. How could he act like such a butthead. I would say something else, but I don't curse. Why can't I have any luck with being with a single guy. I couldn't very well tell him I've liked him for so long, but my big mouth just had to. How could I like a guy like him for how long I did. I Feel like I've loved him before, but now he's just a blur. Why did he have to go solo? Now I feel so alone.