I Ran All Around the House... | Teen Ink

I Ran All Around the House...

September 18, 2008
By Anonymous

I ran all around the house with my tutu bouncing all around with my mom yelling “Nadia it’s almost time to go.”
“Okay mommy”
All right then, let’s hurry, you don’t want to be late.”
“Ok mommy”
I scurried down the stairs with my hair as stiff as a snider block, from so much hair spray. My lips a candy apple red to match my leotard. When I jumped into the car my and dad were sitting in the front seat ready take off.

When we finally reach the Carteret County High school. We ran up the small set of stairs to get to the dressing room to meet up with my very enthusiastic dance teacher. When my teacher. When my teacher saw me she gave me a big bare hug squeezing my insides out.

Then my mom had to leave me to go find seats before everyone else took over. My teacher then took me to a room were all the other dancers were. All of a sudden I saw one of my best friends, Sophie we ate tons of gold fish because gold fish are just awesome then our tummies were about to burst, we also watched movies and drew pretty pictures. Then I thought I was about to die form so much boredom that it didn’t even seem possible. Finally we went to go watch the elder girls twirl all around the stage.
Then the time came it was time to go out on the stage and perform our dance in front of hundreds of people. I was completely thrilled, yet I had butterflies in my stomach, it was rumbling as if hundreds of people were having all different conversation. As we tip toed to the curtain watching other girls twirl around on the stage. Then our song started to play the lights dimmed we herd our song start to play the lights got brighter and brighter then struggled to find our spots. I had a thought in the back of my mind that I would screw up any second, I know I will, but then again I was doing really well. By the time we were half way through the dance I could hear my mom and dad cheering for me and my friends. My little feet were urging with pain but I was having so much fun. The only funny thing was also actually a good thing was although couldn’t see the audience every thing was a char Cole black except for us on the big wooden stage which took all my fears away.
Finally the ending of the song… loud screaming and clapping field the whole crowd I felt very proud of myself yet I felt like I was about to pee on myself. When it was time to leave i finally saw my family. They field my little arms with flowers of all colors to much that I couldn’t carrier them all. One thing for sure is that I will never forget this moment as long as I live. Also I learned that know matter what happens always strive to do your best in everything your try to accomplish.