The world with out the number three | Teen Ink

The world with out the number three

May 21, 2013
By Killian Markworth SILVER, Colgate, Wisconsin
Killian Markworth SILVER, Colgate, Wisconsin
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Whenever I have to do something creative I try to imagine three options and pick the best of the three. Writing this paper was no different. My first idea came right away but I wasn’t in love with it, so I kept thinking. The next idea came shortly after. This was a better idea but still not something I was excited about. Then the third idea, the third idea wasn’t coming. So I thought, and I thought, and I thought, but still no third idea. Then it dawned on me, the number three. The number three might be the most important number in our world. A world without the number three would be crazy.

Baseball would totally fall apart in a world without the number three. Two strikes and you’re out? Two batters in an inning? Two bases before you reach home? I hope you like pitching battles because you’re just going to be watching the catcher and pitcher play catch.

Three has influenced our daily schedule as well. Three square meals a day is the recommended amount. Can you imagine how much you’d have to eat with only two meals to stay full until your next meal? Four meals a day, well good luck get anything done during the day.

The importance of three is without bound. Like what would all the bronze in the world be used for without third place?


The author's comments:
An exploration of a crazy world.