Locks of Love Helping Children in Need | Teen Ink

Locks of Love Helping Children in Need

By stemper09 SILVER, SUSSEX, Wisconsin
stemper09 SILVER, SUSSEX, Wisconsin

Locks for Love is a non-profit organization that provides hairpieces for financially underprivileged children under the age of 21 suffering from long term medical hair loss.

There are various donation locations around the United States and Canada that participate in the Locks for Love organization. All of these locations can be found on the Locks for Love official website, www.locksoflove.org.

Locks of Love, this is an opportunity for anyone who has at least 10 inches of hair to help out a child suffering from medically related hair loss. The minimum requirement for a donation is 10 inches.

The process starts with dry, clean hair that is unbleached, as bleach has a potential risk because of the chemicals involved. The hair must be in a braid of ponytail when cut. Then the hair must be put in a plastic bag where it is mailed to 243 Southern Blvd West Palm Beach, Fl 33405-2701, and the headquarters for Locks of Love.

Recently, more and more girls have been finding out about this unique opportunity to help those in need. It is a great and simple way to help other children, and it doesn’t take a lot to make a big difference.

Locally, Anton’s salon in Delafield offers a complimentary haircut. They will take care of the packaging and shipping of the hair to the headquarters.