Treasures of Waukesha County | Teen Ink

Treasures of Waukesha County

By Bmattson23 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Bmattson23 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Buddha says, “Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue. "

One person who was very influential in my life would be my dad. Kevin Mattson has helped me not only grow through school and sports, but also mentally. He taught me to never give up and to keep your head up no matter what happens.

My dad is a huge role model. During college, he played sports also while graduating. Then he started his own business. As that business didn’t work out for him, he didn’t just give up. Mattson found something different and made things work.

Also, Mattson now works at a middle school working with special ed kids and then he coaches boys and girls basketball. The amazing story about this is Mattson knows no one on these teams and still dedicates his time and effort to better these kids’ futures.

Mattson has the most patience out of all fathers. He works everyday with kids who have disabilities and he enjoys doing this.

In the summer, Mattson coaches an AAU basketball team where he also no kids on the team. I play on a different team and he spends his time not only growing kids throughout their basketball careers, but he also helps them grow in life.

Mattson is a true inspiration to many people. Adults come up to Mattson and tell him how he has changed their lives because he’s so positive.

Mattson is a great member of Waukesha County, in fact he is a treasure.

This is a feature piece on my dad.