Books | Teen Ink

Books

May 21, 2013
By taytayy225 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
taytayy225 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
11 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Most people do not enjoy reading. Ever since a young age, I have loved reading. Even when I wasn’t able to understand the words on the page, I enjoyed flipping through the pages. I can remember listening to my grandparents reading to me and telling me different tales. This is what, I believe, has sparked my continuous interest and love for books.

Books are portals to another world. They tell us stories, spew out facts, and let us escape. No matter what type of book you pick up, you are instantly transported into it. The book could be about something that actually happened or entirely fiction. Everyone has their own personal opinion on what is the best type of books is, I personally adore fiction books.

To me, fiction books are a piece of art. They let you explore places you could never go and take you on adventures you could only dream of. You forget about your own boring life for a moment and take the place of the characters. No longer are you plain and awkward, but a strong hero that everybody loves. When a person can make a personal connection with the main character, it makes them feel like they can do anything. That is not only art, but magic.