I Can't Believe It This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I Can't Believe It

by Mark A., Wilmington, DE I just can't believe it. I was laid off last week after delivering papers for six years. That is just the way this society works. You give them the best years of your life and they kick you out when they're done with you.

My family has been delivering papers for over 12 years. And we don't even get a handshake or a thank-you. My family has been getting up every morning before five a.m., and this is how they repay us.

I'm mad because they did this just to save money. They wanted to save a couple pennies, so they fired the truck drivers and paper carriers. They're never going to find anyone who will give better service than I did. When I went to collect and told my customers, they were sad because they were losing the best paperboy of all time.

I'm not going to let this bother me though. I'm going to find a better job that pays more. They'll be sorry for the day they fired me. They're going to realize their mistake and it'll be too late.

In conclusion, I'll leave with this final note: I didn't even like my job.