Life | Teen Ink

Life

September 15, 2008
By Anonymous

Life can be so different. One day your on top of the world, and the next day the world can be on top of you. Saturday I went with my mom to the hospital to see my aunt....she um...went in the hospital to have surgery and she never came out of her coma. My aunt was one of the sweetest people in the world. She's the type of lady that you'd admire. She was sweet, kind, and she always had something nice and postive to say, and to know that she is brain dead it gives you a feeling that is undescribleable. How can that be? Why does it always seem like the good people are the ones that are suffering in a world when we need them now more than ever? Is God punishing them, because of something of the past or is it us,the bad people, he's punishing. Another thing is that my cousin was shot and I'm not sure why, but he is a father he's someone that will be missed I mean yeah he didn't die and yeah he'll be alright but why does it seem that of all things to add his to everyday stress it windes up being his life. The fact that someone doesn't care about how much he means to his kids and his parents and even me. I love my cousin and I haven't cried yet but i'm sure that i will. It just haven't hit me yet. I'm still not understanding. I just want to know why and how. Why are these people who actually have a life and are such a big deal in other people's lives the ones that these terrible things are happening to, and how are these people being chosen? I guess the reason why this subject is so dear to my heart is because.....even though I go to church and I can name a couple of facts about the bible if I died right now i'm not sure where I would go. That scares me to no end because when it comes to death, there isn't an age recriurement. Anyone is eligible.

The author's comments:
I don't know what exactly expired me. I just felt like it was something I had to get out. I hope the readers will ponder these questions and if they have an answer or even a guess i'd love to know.