stress | Teen Ink

stress

By Aracely SILVER, Grove, Oklahoma
Aracely SILVER, Grove, Oklahoma

People are becoming more prone to stress with everyday activities. Kids in kindergarten are more stressed than they were ten years ago. We are all expecting more out of everyone, and this causes us to feel stressed at one point or another. People may be seriously affected by stress.

Stress occurs for many different reasons. The most common stress involves money, work, school, and relationships. Stress can be short term or can be long term, bringing many problems and difficulties to the body. Stress may lead to PTSD or post-traumatic stress disorder. Having too much stress will also lead to a shorter life span.

When people are suffering from stress they are in a bad mood. They have headaches, and may feel very tense, with muscle cramps, heart palpitations, or feelings of anger. There are many symptoms of stress. Some can be recognized, and some may seem like a huge problem or a deadly disease . People may also believe they are just having a bad day when it is really stress.

There are many ways to relieve stress. We may relieve stress by exercising. Having a healthy diet is very important. Water will help stress as well. There are many methods of relieving stress. Sleeping well will help, as will going outside to relax by taking a walk to the park or around the block. Take five minutes to do anything you want, or simply take time to think and straighten your life out.

Stress is bad for you, and everyone around you as well. There are many ways to relieve stress as I mentioned before. We need to learn to deal with pressure to be able to perform better. Dealing with stress is hard, but it can and should be done. It will be easier to deal with stress if you recognize you are stressed and know what is stressing you out. Then you may be able to relieve it.