Marine Corps Force Reconnaissance | Teen Ink

Marine Corps Force Reconnaissance

May 6, 2013
By MADavis ELITE, Kentland, Indiana
MADavis ELITE, Kentland, Indiana
100 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Marine Corps Force Reconnaissance

Marine Corps Force Reconnaissance is a special forces group many never hear about or know, but they appear in most of the media we see today, and are more anonymous in their operations than Navy SEALs. Also, no mission is done without them going in first.

Some say that Force Recon, as they are called are a mixture of Navy SEALs, Green Berets, and Rangers. Their primary mission, already shown to you by their name is reconnaissance, more specifically deep reconnaissance, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t fight back, remember, they’re Marines. They also conduct direct action, which consists of sabotage, raids, and close-quarters combat.

When it comes to training, the Marine Corps Force Recon is the elite of the elite. Most think that SEALs are the top dog in the military world, and they are right, but Marine Recon isn’t your everyday run-of-the-mill spec ops. They cross-train with Green Berets, SEALs, Rangers, and even the FBI and CIA. You may not think you’ve seen them, but you probably have. Marine Corps force Recon has been in the movie Shooter with Mark Wahlberg (also in Pain & Gain), The Rock featuring Sean Connery ( a.k.a. the original James Bond) with Ed Harris ( the main antagonist in National Treasure: Book of Secrets) and Nicholas Cage( the main protagonist in National Treasure and National Treasure: Book of Secrets). They have also been featured in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare as Sgt. Paul Jackson , Alcatraz in Crysis 2, and the Ghost Recon franchise.

So remember, the SEALs may be the samurai, but Force Recon is the ninja.


The author's comments:
Keaton P.