Reflections about the Reflector

Almost everyone is familiar with a portion of glass having a lustrous metallic back- that never lies- called a mirror. It is the pith and marrow of dressing rooms and an indispensable part of restrooms. It may be hung on walls or carried in pockets along with a hair-comb. It often gets lucky enough to conquer a site in soft, delicate and somewhat cozy handbags accompanying glamorous ladies. It’s really a challenge to find someone as sincere as a humble mirror. It hadn’t even lied in front of threatening force of the witch in the eminent fairytale of the beautiful snow-white. No matter how you treat it, it is always as amiable as possible. It can be big and it can be small. It grows with you. It smiles when you smile. It cries when you cry. It has a wide and varied range of employments. It is used in reflecting telescopes. Teenagers are unknowingly fanatic about it. For instance, teen girls spend hours in front of it to groom and beautify themselves in order to be flamboyant. The boys of present era are no different from such princesses. Mirrors may even be used to hide cracks on walls. They are a boon for magicians, especially illusionists. They create captivating effects using combination of different mirrors. In a nutshell, we can say that mirrors play a quintessential role in our lives.

royalujjwa4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 26 at 7:21 am:
The simplicity you've maintained is fantastic! Such a well written piece!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 22 at 1:52 pm:
Very roginal piece. Have to hand it to you. Very few people could write with such eloquence a short pithy piece on a mirror. And I love the comment you placed. Sometimes, I too have those whimsical thougths that spring out of nowhere. To me, this piece is very well written. Your details are all right on. Girls are addicted to it. And guys to these days. I know myself to be fond of that piece of glass that does not hold back or hide anything aways from me. 5 stars, Hamza. 

Zach_MThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 4 at 9:55 pm:
I finally read one of your pieces, and I have to say that I'm glad I took the time to do so. Great Job... I love the analogy.. the comparisons you used. I love the honesty and how you are so considerate with your words; how you bring life into your poem and the beauty behind it, but what struck out to me was when you said the words, "it's really a challenge to find someone as sincere as a humble mirror." That truly stuck out to me... and it really made me think. Phenomenal job.... (more »)

Shaas_It_is..This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 4 at 1:21 am:
Its a beautiful piece and you've been completely honest just like the mirror.. And what i liked is that you do agree about guys being self conscious consdidering the fact that you think girls are foolish and self obsessed..  a good piece and i'm waiting for more!! :)  

EnnaGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 4 at 12:58 am:
this was absolutly amazing. and its all true and iv never even thought about it before. just the way your words flow and create points and descriptions, just incredible. 5 out of 5

HamzawaseemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 2 at 1:30 am:
thanks a gazillion! I like the way you put everything so honestly in every comment you leave. Your feedback means a lot to me

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 2 at 2:08 pm :
So who was that for? Me?

HamzawaseemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 2 at 10:07 pm :
you guessed it right

May 4 at 11:23 am :
Well Then you're welcome as it is always my genuine pleasure :D

May 7 at 1:54 pm :
Hey before I went away for a while, wanted to say: I suppose your exams are going on/ have taken place / will take place soon... In either case Good Luck and I'll pray! Mine just started so that's why I'm gonna go for a while ... And well to tell the truth they truly have scared the crap out of me...my first time sitting the CIEs , but ah well, we just stand up and say "Constant Vigilance" then don't we? :)) Hey, you do great. Will miss TeenInk but...Duh it's only a... (more »)

May 7 at 1:56 pm :
P.S. Post more stuff soon!

popeye40This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 15 at 12:32 pm :
 *starts jumping is bliss* Thank you so much! My matric exams are gone already and I am going to pre-college classes these days. And hey! I don't like your long comments... *silence for some secongs*... I love them! Sure, we will exchange recommendations for books after you bid farewell to your exams. Good luck and I'll pray for you. One thing, you don't appear on teenink chat. do you? We haven't had any live chat. So, hope we will have one(and many more) when you appear aft... (more »)

May 15 at 12:41 pm :
P.S.: the comment above this is by me but that account is not mine

May 15 at 12:48 pm :
By the way, I like detective fiction and i like to play detective

May 25 at 5:43 am :
Oh Thats great! So when's the result?? So you're doing Fsc Now?? You know I did matric too but then as I didn't LOVE the system I switched to CIE and now I'm doing A Levels. The first year has gone by faster than ever and well exams are almost over.. That's how I'm here :p One is still left but that's on 10th June so I had some time to come back here :D And well yeaa,, I don't appear on chat ..two reasons: 1) No one I know is ever on there ...2) TI chat is quite w... (more »)

May 26 at 7:40 am :
Yeah, I am doing FSc Pre-Engineering now. And I hate this education system. Can you please read my article titled "Robots and Cyborgs"? What is CIE? Best of luck for the preparation of the exam!  

May 26 at 7:43 am :
result will be declared in july or august.

May 27 at 11:38 am :
Oh ... Ah well few like it really.. But I like mine... CIE is Cambridge Internatinal Exams.. You do know about O- A Levels...??Ohkay Sure....And do let me know how it is when it comes out .. How was your ninth result??

today at 1:36 pm :
Yeah, I know about O-A levels. Sure, I will let you know about my result. my ninth result was good. Please pray for my result. 

Night_StarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 1 at 11:58 pm:
Toats Brill-Brill