Letter to Myself #1 | Teen Ink

Letter to Myself #1

April 11, 2013
By cayaTW PLATINUM, Yuma, Arizona
cayaTW PLATINUM, Yuma, Arizona
29 articles 0 photos 83 comments

Favorite Quote:
Those who forget history will often repeat it


Dear Self,

I know you can't understand why you are different than most people. You feel on the surface and not deep down so, it's like you can't feel anything real. You know it's supposed to be the other way around. It's not your fault. You just are the way you are. You've been like this ever since you can remember. Nothing really matters to you except one thing, but that comes later. Despite this unfortunate attribute, you have morals. Those morals guide your choices. You have a fair idea of what is right and what is wrong, so despite not being able to feel or care you're obligated to do the right thing because that's just who you are. I do not believe you are a bad person. Think about it. If you didn't have morals or you're morals had different boundaries and you had this attribute we're talking about, you could be a killer. You and I both know that will never happen. You fear it, both on the surface and deep down you know you are not that person., but you also know you could be and that scares you. I mentioned you have morals. Those morals enable you to truly choose a side. They allow you to be open minded. You cannot choose a side if both sides are wrong or both sides are right. You make your own side, and that's what sets you apart. What I really want to tell you is that you are different, but you are not a bad person. I hope you listen to me.


Sincerely,

Yourself