The Symphony This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The music drifts around me like a swaying breeze. I am the music. I am the melody. My body hums. I am weightless, thoughtless, lifeless.

My arms float beside me, and they seem like objects detached from my body. They are just there. My eyes are still open but I do not see because my mind has replaced itself with only music. My heart thumps, but I do not feel it. I forget to take another breath.

Pictures form in front of my eyes, swirling with shapes and colors. I see rain, sun, laughter, crying. I see someone open her mouth to speak but no words come out. Instead a harmony bursts from her lips, leaving behind a trail of bright light. Her eyes sparkle and she is suspended in the air.

The wind picks up, creating a second tune that collides with her harmony. It whips around shaking the earth. It sends waves crashing and stars falling. The notes hang in the air for one brilliant moment.

Then it ends. The singer disappears and the pictures in front of my eyes collapse. I feel my fingertips. My heart beats again. I take a breath.

My eyes open.

musiclover101 said...
I love how you explained how you feel about music. It explains to people how you should feel about music. How music is beautiful to people in their ways. So I love how you explained it!

teen reader 245 said...
this is a well written paragraph it gives me feeling to how you feel about music
it woynderful1!!!!!