expressing the mind

Writing is one of the most beautiful ways of expressing the mind. There are many ways of trying to say what is on your mind, but I find writing to be the best. If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. These words I am writing even now do not just come from a pencil. They are thoughts on paper. That is what writing is. You see, nothing is more complex and wondrous as the mind, therefore writing. I think each is essential to the other.

I have not always seen writing in this light. An author by the name of R.A. Salvatore really made me start thinking, and I mean really thinking. He made me think about what things really mean, and I realized all of this thought I had came from his thoughts. He had taken all that collective reasoning and was able to convey what he meant to me through writing. I thank him a lot for making me understand that.

After reading his books I started writing on my own in a journal. I loved being able to write down what I was thinking about. It, in a way, opened my mind up to writing. I also realized stories were just something that an author thought about, and then shared with others.

Writing can be whatever you want it to be, but for me it became a way to express emotion. Without writing I think some of us would just be trapped in our own pool of thought. Writing, to me is as essential as thinking.