expressing the mind | Teen Ink

expressing the mind

Writing is one of the most beautiful ways of expressing the mind. There are many ways of trying to say what is on your mind, but I find writing to be the best. If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. These words I am writing even now do not just come from a pencil. They are thoughts on paper. That is what writing is. You see, nothing is more complex and wondrous as the mind, therefore writing. I think each is essential to the other.

I have not always seen writing in this light. An author by the name of R.A. Salvatore really made me start thinking, and I mean really thinking. He made me think about what things really mean, and I realized all of this thought I had came from his thoughts. He had taken all that collective reasoning and was able to convey what he meant to me through writing. I thank him a lot for making me understand that.

After reading his books I started writing on my own in a journal. I loved being able to write down what I was thinking about. It, in a way, opened my mind up to writing. I also realized stories were just something that an author thought about, and then shared with others.

Writing can be whatever you want it to be, but for me it became a way to express emotion. Without writing I think some of us would just be trapped in our own pool of thought. Writing, to me is as essential as thinking.