Legendary Status | Teen Ink

Legendary Status

“Do it!”
“Dude, just drink it down”
“You will be a Woodford County legend if you do this.”
“You’re a pansy if you don’t”
“Drink it!”
I stared at the half-drunk Propel and saw the floating chunks of graham cracker. I knew I had to do it…
That day, I decided I’d sit with the seniors. I knew Jack from my brother, so I figured it’d be ok. I sat down and they looked at me like “what the hell are you doing?” ‘Cept Jack. Jack was cool with it. He introduced me to the other seniors. We got to talking and having a pretty cool lunch and what not. Then, Shan leaned back, pumped out his chest, and everyone knew it was coming. However, they didn’t know he’d grab my bottle of Propel and release this monster of a belch into it. I stared at the Propel and looked up at him grinning, goofily yet proudly. I don’t blame him; he later said that “it was just there and he ‘had to’, seeing as how I was a freshman and all.” It was good enough excuse for me…
So I continued to look at this Propel, contemplating with these seniors if I should drink it. Then, Kyle, who all so graciously wanted to help make my decision easier, bless his soul, put crushed up graham cracker in. After he did this, my decision had been made, I had to drink it.
“Do it!”
“Dude, just drink it down”
“You’re a pansy if you don’t”
“Drink it!”
I mean, I knew I wasn’t going to be Woodford county legend, and I wasn’t a pansy if I didn’t, but my damn characteristic of making people laugh just kept saying “do it do it do it.” And hey, I wanted to be cool with the seniors.
Without even thinking, I ripped the bottle from the table and threw it in my mouth. The texture was the most disgusting thing I’d felt in my life, it was like throwing wet moss down your throat. The slimy graham cracker made it halfway down before I looked up and starting laughing with the seniors. Then, it all happened so fast. I didn’t get it down and I was laughing so hysterically. I looked up and managed to mutter the words “uh-oh” and left my half digested food on the floor. We were up and out of there as quick as lightning, leaving my puke for a very unfortunate, unsuspecting victim. Laughing down the hall: five seniors and a pale freshman.