Never Forgiving Him | Teen Ink

Never Forgiving Him

May 22, 2008
By Anonymous

I still remember that terrifying day. The policeman came, Dad beside him. I remember the sobs of my mom, step dad and me. My dad took me away. I didn't know why he would do this to me. It was the longest car ride of my life. It dragged on and on. I was crying the whole way there too. I ended up crying dry tears. We got his house and I wanted to run, but I didn't. He ended up telling me how much he cared about me and how I will understand when I get older. He then told me to punch. I didn't understand. He didn't want me to fight but he wanted me to punch him. The first punch was "wimpy" because I really didn't want to, but on the inside I wanted to punch him in the face. He ended up telling me to punch him again. So I punched him as hard as I could. I ended up hurting him. I was remembering the sobs of my family and all the talking saying "We will get you back." I hit him for all of us. I still dont understand why he did what he did, and Im 14 now. My mom took him back to court. I remember talking to the Judge. Just breaking down infront of him. That day i got a phone call from my mom. 50-50 custody. I was so happy and sad at the same time it made me sick. 7th grade came around and i had no privacy wat so ever. I had my agenda and my feelings inside of it. He would look at everything in my room-notes, anything that he could get. I dont think i can forgive him ever. I told my mom if I ever be like him hit me. I tell everyone about that reoccurring nightmare, and how I never want to see him again. I was 12 when my life came crashing down. Now, I'm 14 and I still have the nightmares.