Bond Between Triplets | Teen Ink

Bond Between Triplets

August 24, 2008
By Anjel SILVER, Centralia, Washington
Anjel SILVER, Centralia, Washington
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Before I begin I would like to announce that the names being used are subs for the true names.
When I started my freshamn year in high school I didn't have a clue that I would make friends with twin sisters. Specailly since I've been going to school with them since sixth grade. These sisters aren't your normal set of twins. Before you really get to know them, they are very quiet and exstremly shy. And that's why it took me forever to become friends with them.
I became friends with Luna, the oldest of th two first. We had gym class together and only basically knew each other. In gym class we had to have partners almost everyday, so Luna and I would pair up. It took me a week to open her up so we could actally have a friendly converstation. And a month after that we became friends. We started talking on the phone. We hung out before school, ate lunch together, and even hung out after school. It was a start to a great frendship.
But it's true though. Twins are very close. They're each others best friend. That's how I became friends with Luna's twin sister Star. It took longer for Star to open up than Luna since we hardly talked as much. But by Thanksgiving the three of us became great friends. I was weclomed in to their family. Very nice and caring parents, and a caring older brother.
Through out the school year the three of us became closer. Some kids at school would ask if we were sisters and at times we would say yes, just to have a kick out of it. But as we grew closer it seemed like their older brother Kyler was trying to push me away. He was a junior at the time. Wekk known since he wasn't anything like his siters. He wasn't shy and sure wasn't quiet. Instead of us become ing friends we became enemies. We fought about almost anything. We hardly speak kindly about each other. Mostly like brother and sister. I will never know why he has tried to opush me away but i know he has his reasons. He has a kind anc caring heart. He would do anything fo r his sisters no matter what. And to tell you my little secret, I think of him as some one I can go to when i really need some one.
And unlike Kyler, the twins parents mostly adopted me as their own. They call the three of us their little triplets. And over the past year I have been able to tell people that they are my second mama and dad. I love them like parents and probably always will.
With out Luna and Star I would have had a long and boring freshamn year. But with them by my side they made it exciting and memorable.
I remember one night we were in their back yard lying on their trampluling staring up at the stars, talking about are futures. We talked about how we're going to have kids and they would become best friends. And how each of us will be a great godmother, and awesome, fun aunt. Thinking of the future I see Luna. I see star, standing by my side throught the good and the bad. I don't know what to do with out them since they are now a big part of my life. I love them like sisters. They're my triplets. And I'll always be there for them. The bond between triplets is already hard to break. It will be even harder to breath the bond between us.
Anjelica Redden


The author's comments:
I wrote this piece because I thought that my triplets and their family should know how I feel about them and how much I'm thankful for all they done for me.