Dear Masashi Kishimoto, | Teen Ink

Dear Masashi Kishimoto,

April 18, 2008
By Anonymous

Dear Masashi Kishimoto,

Your manga “Naruto” is completely awesome! This series has influenced me a great deal. The main character, Naruto, is where I get my stubborn side from (and I was also born with a little bit of a stubborn side) and it’s also where I get most of my big words I sometimes use. The other day I was with a couple of my friends and we were playing an army type game (that was real, but used fake weapons). The weapon of choice for me was a training katana and my partner had 2 pistols. We were both hiding in the shadows just waiting for the right moment to attack just like in your book “Naruto.”
Your mangas are the best I have ever read! Without you writing these mangas, I wouldn”t have any good books to read that I actually enjoy. It would be awesome to have no books anywhere whatsoever, but then I wouldn’t have your mangas to read, so I think you need books to learn and to enjoy. Your mangas have changed the world like now, because of your mangas, you’re a celebrity. Maybe one day I could actually meet you and maybe you could give me some pointers on how to draw.

Your books are really descriptive because in just about every Naruto issue, there is always a problem and the person who knows what the problem is usually tells Naruto. At my school, we have to do a writing assignment each week called a Reading Writing Workshop (we call it a RWW). At first we all thought the RWW didn’t help us much, but now, I realize now that it does help us with our writing. Right now, I have done a total of 5 writing pieces for my portfolio. Even though I have done 5 writing pieces, I’m still not any good at writing or typing.
I have learned quite a lot in my writing class this year. I have learned that writing is very important to our society. Me and my fellow classmates have also learned that our teacher can be a little strict at times (we all learned that the hard way!). I learned that I miss my grandpa very much because me and him did everything together, until the day he passed away. Even though most people (including myself) think writing is a waste of time, it actually helps you express your feeling toward people and the world.
I also think that you choosing to be apart of Shonen Jump was a great decision. You get your writings to go to all the people in the world. Plus, the readers get to read other peoples writings as well. You can’t get any better than that. I think it’s awesome that you get your inspiration from the old Dragon Ball Z episodes. I get my inspiration from just about anything, like from a simple pencil to something as large as an office building.

I really love your Naruto video games. You get to perform awesome moves and tricks. I really like the one on Game cube called “Naruto: Clash of a Ninja 2.” I like to be nine tailed Naruto. Even though most people say videogames aren’t good for you, they actually teach me what and how to say big words like “Onomatopoeia” or “Metaphor.”







Sincerely,









C.S