The NBA: Where Amazing Happens | Teen Ink

The NBA: Where Amazing Happens

Sweat was dripping off of his face. If he won this game he would be a champion. The vast crowd booed at him because he wasn’t at his home arena. This was game six of the playoffs. If the Utah Jazz won then there would be a game seven.

The Jazz was winning by one point and they had the basketball. Abruptly, Michael Jordan strips the ball out of Malone’s hands. Then he does a crossover and makes Russell slip. At six seconds left of the game Michael pulls up and barriers the shot. That was Michael Jordan’s last shot as a Chicago Bull. There was complete silence; the crowd opened their mouths in disbelief. It was over, the Chicago Bulls won another championship with Michael Jordan. This was the sixth championship the Bulls had it was in 1998.

Back in 1984 was the day of the draft. Numerous amazing players were in it. The draft included Hakeem Olajuwon, Sam Bowie, Michael Jordan, and multitudes of other players. Michael Jordan the god of basketball, was not drafted number one or number two pick. No one would have thought that he would have dropped to the third pick. The Chicago Bulls got lucky that year and acquired Michael Jordan.

In Jordan’s College days he wasn’t that great of a player. He was on North Carolina; they were close to the finals but just couldn’t pull it off. Jordan did not know what to do. Should he get his diploma and then leave to the NBA as a senior, or go early as a junior. He made his decision at the last possible moment and decided to leave to the NBA.

These are some words some other players have to say about Michael Jordan. Bill Russell believed, “I cannot imagine anyone playing any better.” Magic Johnson had to say, “He’s an icon, a one- man show.” Shaq also informed, “Michael’s definitely the best basketball player of all time.” Lastly Larry Bird told the reporter, “ Is he the greatest? He’s in the top two.” As you see the world believes Michael Jordan is the best basketball player to live.

Sure Jordan was the king of basketball back in the 1900’s. In the present time the king of basketball is Lebron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers. The 2008 draft pick held another great group of players. Once again the Chicago Bulls got lucky and got number one pick in the draft. This draft held great players like Derrick Rose, Michael Beasley, O. J. Mayo and many more. The Bulls decided to pick Derrick Rose. Is he the consecutive champion? Is he the chosen one? Is he the next Michael Jordan?

Michael Jordan inspired me to play basketball and to write this piece. Now I love to play basketball. My favorite team is the New Jersey Nets.