What Is Hope? | Teen Ink

What Is Hope?

By jahquanee BRONZE, Miramar, Florida
jahquanee BRONZE, Miramar, Florida

sometimes all we have are our memories, and those memories help tell the story of our lives.

Hope is waking up everyday wondering if you got the job you applied for. Hope is walking around with your head up high waiting for your life to get better. Hope is what makes a soldier stronger. Hope is what pushes a baby bird to leap out of the nest hoping that he will spread wings and fly. Hope is what helps someone who is sick and dying get up and live life as if nothing were wrong. Hope is writing a college entry essay and sending it to the school of your choice hoping that they give you a chance to prove yourself. Hope is being around the girl you like everyday showing her how much you care hoping one day she would recognize you. Hope is having 4 kids doing everything you can for them hoping that when they grow into something great. Hope is having the courage to ask your crush to the prom hoping she says yes. Hope is living on the streets and working your butt off thinking it will get better soon. Hope is being pregnant and praying to god that your baby is born healthy. Hope is getting your heart broken hundreds of times and still searching for that special someone. Hope is getting beat down everyday hoping the beating will stop. Hope is working paycheck to paycheck struggling to keep everything intact. Hope is what saves marriages and relationships. Hope is what makes a person strive to be their best hoping that someone might recognize their greatness. Hope is what pushes the trout upstream. Hope is what musicians have when they spend hours even days in the studio hoping they will be the next big thing. Hope is what pushes football and basketball players to make it to the NBA championship or Super Bowl. Hope is losing a loved one hoping that they will come back. Hope is getting married to someone you truly love and hoping you stay together until god calls her home. Hope is having a husband in the service and praying to god each night that he comes home safely. Hope is having someone in the emergency room praying they walk out alright. Hope is having a dying loved one in the hospital bed praying that a angel watches over them. Hope is working hard enough to finally make partner. Hope is having an argument with the person you love and wait to see if they call you at night even though their angry at you. Hope is telling your mom that everything is going to get better when things aren’t right. Hope is sitting through a storm waiting for the worst to be over hoping that your family is ok. Hope is going to sleep every night praying that you live to see another day. Hope is holding on to the last shred of memory you have of someone you lost so you never forget that person. Hope is being incarcerated and waiting for the day you will be able to see your kids again. Hope is working hard in school so when you get out you can make a better life for yourself. So you ask what is hope? Well hope to me is what makes life worth living.
Sincerely,
Jahquanee

Just something I thought of writing.