How Would I Spend a Million Dollars? | Teen Ink

How Would I Spend a Million Dollars?

January 11, 2008
By Anonymous

If I was given a million dollars on the spot, I actually really wouldn’t know what to think at that moment at all. First off, I would be extremely grateful because I know that I would use the million dollars in a in a very reasonable way. Instead of spending it on things I wouldn’t need, I would donate at least 400,000 dollars to children who need it and brighten their day. I would want to see their faces light up and know that I am the one who put it there. That will make me feel amazing inside. Then I would take some of the money and put in the bank for me and my siblings’ college fund because college to me is the most important time in a person’s life. After that, I would give my parents money because they are the ones who put me on this Earth and got me to where I am today, they deserve all that I would give them. I would then go to my grandparents and give them a part of the million dollars because they have always been there for me and my family no matter what my family went through. At that moment I would take the remainder of the million dollars and put it towards helping more children who do not have the advantages that we do.

Like my parents always say, “once you do a good deed for someone, that is one more good deed that will be brought to you.” Those great words will never leave my head and I am proud to say that I will always try to do the right thing when I am given the opportunity.