It Was Supposed to be a Nice Relaxing Vacation | Teen Ink

It Was Supposed to be a Nice Relaxing Vacation

I was suppose to be on a nice, relaxing vacation in Daytona Beach, Florida. It turned out to be one of the biggest storms of the year. I had never been in a storm so big before. I never really believed that these kind of storms could happen. The waves were huge. Some of them were so big, that they could cover a few elephants stacked up on each other. People were scared out of their minds, running around, no knowing what to do. Some were scared that their houses would be destroyed. I didn’t think that this would be happening. I guess I just expected for the locals around to be use to this. I ran into a family on the walkway. That were kneeling with their heads, it looked as if they were kissing the ground. But they were just praying. I asked them if they needed some help but got a no a response. They told me that they were praying to their god of the water. And that this storm was good, that it would bring better things to all of us.

It probably seems as if this storm ruined my trip, but it didn’t. I actually learned a lot of new stuff and it was neat to see all of this happening. I took a lot of neat pictures which later I turned into National Geographic. They have been using them as some of their main pictures on their site for a while now. Over all, it was an experience that I will never forget. It changed my life forever. I got to see how it was like in Florida in the middle of a big storm. Mother nature has created some beautiful things in life and a lot of us don’t take enough time to appreciate those things. That was the day I started to.