Three Wishes

If only I could find a genie. Then I would have three wishes. Three chances to make the world a better place. My first wish would be the end of world hunger. With the words “I wish” no one would ever be hungry again. No child would have to starve because their mother couldn’t afford food.
After the world was purged of all hunger I would wish for a cure for all life threatening diseases. Cures for things like cancer and AIDS. Think about it for a second. If all those diseases were curable then thousands of lives would be saved. No child would have to die in the dawn of life because of cancer or any other fatal disease.
My last wish would have to be thought about for awhile. Should I use this wish on my self? My other two wishes had been for the greater good. Then it would hit me. I would use the third wish for my mom. The mother who went through hell and back again for me and my sisters. My last wish would be for her to live out the rest of her life free from worry. Never again would she have to worry about finding some way to feed her kids. She would have everything she would need right there.
And those would be my three wishes. Even though they were made for other people the wishes had done some good. For me that is all I need. To know that I did something to make the world better. That I had saved people from starving or dying from some incurable disease. Or to know that my mother who had done so much for me would finally be able to not worry. It is better than any wish for riches.