8th Grade Trip Horror | Teen Ink

8th Grade Trip Horror

December 4, 2007
By Anonymous

Steph finished showering and came out to watch TV with the rest of us. Meg and Michelle were lying on one bed, while Steph and I were on the other.

“Let’s turn the TV off, I’m getting tired and we have a long day of walking ahead of us,” Steph said. She walked over to the TV and pressed the off button. Michelle started to text message one of the guys on the trip with us and Meg watched.

“We are going to shine a laser into your room,” Michelle read out loud. We ran to the window and saw a red beam of light flashing on different windows. Finally it came to ours. “I texted him to say that the beam is on our window,” Michelle said.

After minutes of texting back and forth, we all decided to go back to bed. Of course after all the commotion, we couldn’t fall asleep. Steph and I just laid there while Michelle kept on texting the boys. Meg just sat there reading the conversation.

There was a knocking on the door next to ours. I ran over to see who it was. I could not make out the face, but I did see that it was a tall, black man. This did not seem weird to me because I knew that my friend was staying in the room next door and her dad was chaperoning. So I just figured that it was her dad. I kept looking through the peep hole until he turned around and started to walk away. He did not walk very far because he started knocking on our door.

The knocking seemed closer now. I looked out the peep hole again and realized that the man was knocking on our door. I now knew that it wasn’t my friend’s dad, but some man I have never seen in my life.

“Who is that?” Michelle asked.

“I don’t know. It’s a tall, black man. I’ve never seen him before.” I replied.

“Hello, let me in!” yelled the man outside the door.

“Don’t let him in Emily.” Steph cried. Meg, Michelle, and Steph sat on the bed closet to the window.

“Do you think I am an idiot? I’m not going to let him in!” I told Steph. I turned to the door. “Why? I don’t know who you are.” I said to the man.

“Just let me in, you girls are being too loud.” He told me.

“You don’t have to come in to tell me that.” I said back at him with an attitude.

Michelle got up and walked over, “Go away!” Her words must have worked because he left.

All four of us were shaking; we have never been in a situation like that before. Michelle’s and my dad and Steph’s mom were all chaperoning, so we took out our cell phones to tell them what happened.

About five minutes later, Steph’s mom walked in.

“The man was the security guard for the school. He said that you were being to loud so he went over to tell you that. I asked why he harassed you like he did but he did not answer.” Steph’s mom explained.

“But mom, we were not being loud. I was almost asleep and Michelle and Meg were texting.” Steph told her mom.

“I believe you guys, but there isn’t much more we can do. Go to sleep and he won’t be bothering you anymore.” She walked out.

We went to lay down, still terrified about what happened. We went to bed and never saw him again.