Just a Few Words

You are wonderful, reader. Truly wonderful. Beautiful, even. I have never seen you, but seeing would only taint this perception, this connection. For I know, across time, across the limitations of travel and motivation, you can hear me. Somewhere, in some distant place, these thoughts that I crafted, these simple things I describe with simple words, are given new life. A voice. An image. A new universe of ideas and wonders branching from these simple words. Such thoughts are comforting. Soothing, like the warmth that rushes across your face after stepping in from the cold. We look to artfully manipulated words as a standard of greatness…at least I do. Yet this action degrades the sheer power of the written word, of any written word. These things we use to describe the world—our worlds, those which exist around us and in us simultaneously—to capture it for others, these words are powerful, even when used simply. We are powerful beings. Too, we have the means to be powerful. Never forget this.