When They Say Life is Hard... | Teen Ink

When They Say Life is Hard...

When they say life is hard, they are telling the truth. Because you have everything in the world to worry about like having money to do varies things. I'm eight years old and I live with my mother, she is very lazy and tends to run off for periods of time, and leaves me at home to take care of myself. When I was younger I used to hate when she left me, but now it doesn't bother me anymore. I learned how to take care of myself. So I got dress and headed on out the door to beg for a couple of dollars. I skipped down the street and stopped a elderly lady.
"Excuse me ma'am, can you please spare a dollar, I'm very hungry." I said.
"Where is your mother little girl?"
"I don't know she left me, I just need a dollar so I can go find her."
"Well I don't think I should let you wonder out here alone, come on we will go find her."
The elderly lady and I walked down the street to the police station to see if they knew where to find her. The lady told me to take a sit and tell the police how see look, her name, and other information. After I told him about my mother, the lady took me back to her house. She introduced herself to me and explained to me that everything would be alright. We ate and talked for hours, then she laid me down to go to sleep.

It must have been six in the morning, when she came in and woke me up. She said "I have a guest who is here to take you home." When I saw who it was my stomach just start gripping tight. It was my mother, and I just wanted her to go back where she came from.
"Hey mommy."
"Hey missy, where you been?"
I didn't answer because was scared that she might, uh nevermind. We got in the car and she drove for hours. Then finally we stopped at a place that said "WE CARE". She got out and opened the door. Then she yelled this is the place where kid who don't want to be with there parents. After she said that she drove out.
to be continued....