This I Believe...

What would the world be like if nobody got scared? Or if we never get scared would we die trying something we couldn’t? How easy do you get scared? I believe that it’s ok to be scared.

I was watching a movie at home by myself! I was watching Dead Silence!!! My parents were gone, they went to Mead County to drop off a transmission. All of a sudden KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK on my window!!! I looked outside and didn’t see any thing and cause it was dark outside. Then I started watching the movie again and I herd it again KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK. I jumped and looked out the window again, nobody was out there I called 911 and they were sending officers out to see what was going on. As soon as I hung up the phone I herd it again KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK. My parents weren’t fast enough I saw them move away from the window. So they scared the crap out of me, because they did that I got scared I called the cops. I learned that it was ok to be scared, because if I wasn’t scared in a real situation, I wouldn’t of called the police.

But the scaring doesn’t stop there. I was riding my dirt bike with my mom step-dad and my step- sister. I was watching some really HOT guys go up a really rocky, steep hill. I told my family to go on and I’ll catch up later. So being the smart person I am I said, “here let me show you how it’s done” So I got I got back and put it in first gear and went. I got about half way up and I accidentally pulled the throttle all the way back. I ended up doing a wheelie the rest of the way up!!! After I got off the hill, and I had about 200 feet of flat land, my body was still frozen, I had about 30 feet of land left before I got to the edge and I let go and pulled the brake in. I was so embarrassed. All they guys laughed at me. If I wasn’t scared I wouldn’t of pulled in the brake and I would of just crashed…

From the hot guy to the big truck you can get just as scared! It was me, my step dad, and my step sister. I was driving Bobby’s (my step dads) truck! Which I might inform you it was huge a dodge diesel truck. We were going to my grandparent’s house, while driving down their driveway you have to drive under this bridge. I knew that it was there it just scared me because it was so old. Witch I might say I never driven under in the dark!!!! We were there, I got so nervous finally, I got up the confidence I was going then all of a sudden HONK, HONK, HONK!!! A train goes across the bridge right as I was going under it. The bridge was rocking and shaking, I hit the brakes and swerved, and took my hands off the wheel! I wasn’t expecting a train to go across right as I was going under. If I didn’t get scared then I would of not learned to expect the unexpected.

He, who has fear is the beginning of wisdom. If I never got scared what would life be like? Being scared is a huge part of my life; you know life would be boring nothing to look forward to!!! NO excitement, NO pressure, and NO FEAR…