Ellen Degeneres | Teen Ink

Ellen Degeneres

There is one main question I’m going to answer for you and that is how did Ellen become a talk show host. I think Ellen became a talk show host because she likes to make people laugh and enjoy themselves. For example once my mom was watching her show in the morning and I had walked in the room the show caught my eye because Ellen had been sick and she still came to the show but she was still in bed and she had her pajama’s on. I think a reason that she is a good talk show host is she is so dedicated to it that even when she is sick she still comes to make people laugh.

On January 26, 1958 Ellen DeGeneres was born in Jefferson, Louisiana. She was the youngest child out of 2. Her brothers’ name was Vance and her parents were Elliot and Betty DeGeneres. She was raised in New Orleans and Atlanta, Texas. Her parents divorced when she was in her teens.

Ellen wasn’t always a T.V. person. She started out as a doing clerical work for a law firm, which was followed by many other jobs such as working retail, waiting tables, house painting, bar tendering, and shucking oysters.

She got her start in comedy at Clyde’s Comedy Club. In her early years she toured the states, honoring her for her comedic timing and craft. In 1982 she was chosen by pay-cable station Showtime as “Americas Funniest Person”. She really enjoyed making people laugh. This led to as serious of cable and late-night television appearances, and she got a shot on The Tonight Show in 1986.

In 2003, Ellen aired her daytime talk show The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Ever since then Ellen has been a showstopper. Because she loved making people laugh, and people thought she was funny Ellen gave her talk show a signature touch, it was to make the audience forget all their trouble, and they enjoy the show because they love how funny she is. to forget their troubles and enjoy the conversation. On every show she gives a dance up front, she often gets the audience to get involved. There were two key moments in her career. The first one was her appearance on the Tonight Show in 1986. The second one was when she announced her homosexuality. Her future is very open, but she is very happy with her present job.

This article has clearly shown how Ellen became a talk show host. And that Ellen is a very determined person. And she also loves to make people laugh.