The Secret Life of Mr. and Mrs. Depp | Teen Ink

The Secret Life of Mr. and Mrs. Depp

I nervously walked towards him. There he was standing in the perfect outfit with his perfect hair. With each step it was harder to breath and thoughts poured in and out of my mind. I was meeting him! I was meeting him! He looked gorgeous and amazing. I thought of all the times my friends said I would never meet him. HAHA! In their negative little faces here I was feet away from saying hi. I thought of what to say and what to do. Should I just say hi, should I ask for a picture, would I even make it all the way to him without fainting? I was inches away as he smiled down upon me. I began to open my mouth to speak to him. This is it! This is it! Finally after all my dreams……BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! I sighed heavily and turned my alarm off. Bummer.

It isn’t often I have actual dreams of Johnny Depp, ( the guy I was meeting above) but I do sometimes wish to meet him one day. One could say I’m completely out of mind for “obsessing” over a forty-five year old man, and others totally agree with me. Either way I can’t take the blame of liking him so…so much. The majority of teens have taken childish crushes on him because of the trilogy of Pirates of the Caribbean. I’m different. The first movie I ever saw him in was Edwards Sissorhands produced in 1990 and I viewed it when I was 6. I loved the movie and I enjoyed Johnny as the actor. I was also at the same time being exposed to my first horror movies, which led to watching Nightmare on Elm Street(Freddy Kruger). This was the first movie Johnny ever starred a role in. I loved Freddy Kruger, but the beloved boyfriend is who caught my attention, until sadly Kruger killed him. I started my fondness over him when I was 12, but not the crush just the movies he played in. My favorites, the two mentioned before, What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, Cry-Baby, Chocolate, Blow, Secrete Window, Sweeney Todd, and of course the Pirates Trilogy. Basically I took interest in his looks and then reading many biographies about him. The more I read, the more I was interested in this forty-five year old man. I’m not saying I would actually marry the guy or date him, but he sure is one good looking dude!

Now, onto the main and important part.(Please note, this is everything I have read, so I’m not accountable on mistakes). John Christopher Depp II(Johnny Depp) was born in Owensboro, Kentucky, on June 9, 1963, to the parents of John Christopher Depp Sr. and Betty Sue Palmer. He grew up mainly in Miramar, Florida, and when he was just in his teens his father died. Johnny has three siblings, Danny Depp, Christi Dembrowski(also his manager), and Debbie Depp. He is now married to Vanessa Paradis who he met while making the film, The Ninth Gate in 1999. They have two children(lucky kids), Lily-Rose Melody Depp, and Son Christopher “Jack” Depp III.(Stop taking Johnny’s name!) As he grew up he was in bands and before the films starred in a T.V. show called, 21 Jump Street. He owns an Island in the Bahamas, a $10 million dollar home in LA, and a$2 million dollar home in France. Well, enough about the boring information, let’s kick it up with fun facts.

Fun fact number one, his name Depp translates to idiot in German(he is part German). He has 13 tattoos and only 5 are visible when he is wearing clothes.(Or so I‘ve seen). He loves McDonalds, and loves to read too. Johnny is a dropout people, he dropped out when he was 16.(Bad boy Johnny). He has been arrested for fighting, trashing hotel rooms, and also fist fighting the paparazzi many times.(Bad Boy Johnny) He was originally asked to star in the roles of, Legends of the Fall, Speed, and Interview with the Vampire, and also Co-Wrote The Brave. He also owns a restaurant in Paris and use to be owner of a club called the Viper Room, where actor River Phoenix died of drug overdose.

Throughout his adventurous crazy life, I could go on and on about him; however we all have lives and can find something better to do then read, watch, talk, think, about Johnny. Wait does that mean I don’t have a life? Just kidding! That’s not what I do every minute of everyday. Someday I do wish I could just meet him and maybe my “obsession” would fade away faster. At the moment, we all must suffer Krista’s love for Johnny Depp.