Mothers Pain | Teen Ink

Mothers Pain

You sit at home with no care in the world playing games but not expecting what’s to come. The phone rings once, twice, and a third time it keeps ringing with the alarms of hell digging into your mind you get angry and answer the phone with frustration and say “Hello!?” No response, “Hello,” you repeat a woman says “hay its mom” she sounds scared and unsure your heart stops in worry and say “mom what’s wrong” and she replies in a sorrowful voice of anguish and pain, “some things have happened recently,” you quickly with your heart racing like that of a humming bird say “what’s wrong mom!” and say “I love you,” you still sit there but now scared to what mom will say, you think has someone died maybe is everyone ok you think to yourself and then say “mom what’s going on?” you hear her take a deep breath and slowly say words that you don’t want to hear, “honey I’ve been hurt by,” a name that is dead to all in hopes he goes to hell. “I was beat sweetie my nose is broke and Im pretty beat up,” your mind goes blank with anger, pain and sorrow to what has happened to the woman that conceived and raised and loves you, you don’t know what to do but mope around and go see her, and when looking into her face you get even angrier but still see her eyes and the love she shares for you and you melt into tears to her arms and say “Im sorry I wasn’t there.”