The Holocaust | Teen Ink

The Holocaust

May 20, 2008
By Anonymous

The Holocaust

Anne Frank:



I have lost my best friend Lyzes, and we are now in hiding. I’ve come to the conclusion that our hiding place is paradise compared to other Jews. I always thought the Germans were nice people. To think I once belonged to them. Hitler took away our nationality long ago. In spite of everything I still believe all people are good at heart.

Adolf Hitler:


The Nazi party must not care about the public’s opinion, but dominate instead. They are servants of their master. Nature is cruel. Therefore I am entitled to be cruel. When I send thousands of German youth into the tough hail of war without feeling the slightest regret over precious German blood that has been spilled. Should I have the right to eliminate millions of an inferior race that multiply like vermin and rise like yeast?

Holocaust survivor:






The snow was falling like today. We were dressed in stripes and some of us had bare feet. The number 11367 was tattooed on the left upper side of my chest. Those were horrible times. It was a crime. I have mixed feelings. Some can forgive and some can’t. I can forgive, but with a cold heart.

German Soldier:
Up here there are several thousands of Jews who come and die every week. The two officers I sent searching for wire and iron reported the Jews died without making any sound. Needless to say, the Romanians drove all their Jews together and shot them dead regardless of whether they were men, women or children.