Love You Forever | Teen Ink

Love You Forever

May 17, 2008
By Anonymous

“I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living My baby you'll be.”
I remember those to be my favorite words of the whole book. I would sing along with my mother as she read them. I always got to choose my bedtime story. I would choose the longer book when I wanted to stay up late. A short book was my choice when I was tired. And, for those days when I may have done something to upset my mother, I chose, Love You Forever.
Hearing those words only confirmed what I already knew. My mother did and would love me forever. I made my mother promise not to sneak into my room when I was sleeping and pick me up to read to me. That part of the book made my laugh but frightened me as well.

As I got older and I read the book on my own, I was saddened when the mom got old. It was something I thought about a lot. Especially after watching my own parents lose their parents. I would ask my mother why the mom died. Was she sick? Are you old? You’re not going to die, are you? I told her that I would love her forever.

I bought the book for my cousin when she was born and told my aunt to read it to her. It is a beautiful story of mother and child relationship. It is unconditional and forever. I tell my mother and father I love them every night before bed and always will.