Overcoming a difficult situation | Teen Ink

Overcoming a difficult situation

Overcoming a difficult situation

“I don’t want you to be like me, you hear me…. you hear me!!” She lifted my chin and looked deeply into my eyes.
“You’ll go to college and study so you won’t be like me,” my mothers’ voice echoed in my ear as filled out scholarship applications. Through out my mothers’ life I have witness her crying in the nights and frequently praying quietly for the future of her children. Furthermore, I have to confess that being a spectator of difficult moment in life where my mom is the only resource of support for my brothers and I is hard. Every time I would see her like that, most of the time I would consequently go to my room, act like I’m sleep and cry. As an only parent raising four children she has done an amazing job. In the though times, I might have witnessed her sad, but never defeated.
“Yes!! I will go to school and… and become the best nurse the world can ever have….without anybody’s help!’ I confessed my mom when I was only ten years old, and she quickly corrected me.
“Wrong!!!” She holds my hand tight and replied; “you will never get there by yourself.” There is no other way to achieve your dreams than by letting you be helped by those who can. That she taught me. Overcome difficult experiences in life are hard but not impossible, with faith and determination overcoming the hardest situations through out life is possible. That I’ve learned.

rnba said...
on Aug. 25 2008 at 4:12 am
omg this essay is fantastic..!! i can so relate to it...! i love it!! its one of the best essays i have read..!!!