This I Believe | Teen Ink

This I Believe

August 9, 2012
By Writer1001 BRONZE, Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
Writer1001 BRONZE, Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

There are a lot of trends going on nowadays and I say stop. Think about what you are doing. You have to stand up and say; “No I don’t want to be popular if it means standing on the little guy.” That’s not right. You have to believe in what you love to do and how you do it.

If you play baseball because all the popular kids do it then that is ridiculous. If you love baseball then go play baseball. If you love art sign up for an art class. Don’t just sit there and go with the flow. Go live your life and make every day count. That’s what matters. If people don’t like the way you are then that is their problem. Why should that affect you? Stand up for yourself and don’t be that guy who is just going along. Fight the current.

I love to write and I don’t let anyone deter me from writing. It is just how I am wired. You don’t need ever one’s approval to do what you love. If they are your friends they will support you no matter what. Go out and meet people that like the things you love and have fun! That’s the main reason you do the things you do.

In your life you will be presented with opportunities and don’t let them pass you by. Go do them. See what happens, and take some risks. Life isn’t fun without a little danger. Don’t make your life boring and plain go travel or do something that you’ve never done before because it is new. Go and make memories. Live in the moment and don’t regret anything.