Good Nutrition | Teen Ink

Good Nutrition

May 16, 2012
By Anonymous

Nutrition is very important in staying healthy. If your nutrition is poor your life span will be shorter. There are simple guidelines to having good nutrition that you should follow.

Grains or carbohydrates are very important. Eating grains, especially whole grains, provides health benefits. If you eat whole grains as part of a healthy diet you may have a reduced risk of some chronic diseases. Grains give you many nutrients that are vital for the health and maintenance of your body. At least half of the grains that you eat should be whole grains.

Vegetables are also crucial for good nutrition. Most vegetables are naturally low in fat and calories. They are a good source for calorie intake. Vegetables also provide many vitamins good for your body. Vegetables are very good for your body and your diet.

Fruits are also very good for your body. Fruits have all the same effects as vegetables. They provide the body with many vital nutrients. Eating fruits helps protect you from disease and other health risks.

Proteins are important in maintaining a healthy diet.

They provide many vitamins and minerals to your body. They act as building blocks for your body. They also give you iron which is crucial for your blood stream.

Junk food is acceptable in a diet. It should not be eaten in excess or it becomes dangerous. They add unneeded sugar, carbohydrates, and fat.

I think nutrition is very important. My nutrition is fairly good. I do not eat that much junk food. I eat a balanced diet. I get my carbohydrates, vegetables, fruits, and protein almost every day.