Lamborghini Vs. Ferrari | Teen Ink

Lamborghini Vs. Ferrari

May 18, 2012
By SUline96 BRONZE, Sloatsburg, New York
SUline96 BRONZE, Sloatsburg, New York
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Do it, you wont."


The Lamborghini Gallardo and the Ferrari 458 Italia are both similar sport cars, but some of their features make them very different. Some features are better on one car than the other and in the end this proves that one sport car is better for high end consumers. When you purchase a car it’s very important to know what you are getting for such an expensive price tag.

Even though the Lamborghini Gallardo and the Ferrari 458 Italia are from two different companies they still have a lot of things in common. They both are pretty close in price range, the Lamborghini being $237,600 and the Ferrari being $227,325, so this would mean that they both have incredible quality. Being that they are sport cars they can reach some pretty high speed. The maximum speed that the Lamborghini Gallardo and the Ferrari 458 Italia can reach is 202 miles per hour. And another similarity is that they both run on regular gas. The engines of the two cars both produce 398 foot-pounds of torque. Since the torque produced by both cars is the same, they both have the same pulling power. Both sports cars come in multiple colors, so when you go to buy one of these cars you would have a few colors to chose from. The Lamborghini Gallardo and the Ferrari 458 Italia have many features in common but they also have differences and this is why one of these cars is better than the other.

The Lamborghini Gallardo and the Ferrari 458 Italia also have many diiferent features that affects the car’s performance and the way the car is handled. The Ferrari 458 Italia has a city fuel economy of 12 miles per gallon whil the Lamborghini Gallardo has a more efficent city fuel economy of 13 miles per gallon. On the highway the Lamborghini Gallardo still gets better milage, it gets 20 miles per gallon when the Ferrari only gets 18 miles per gallon. Since both cars are low to the ground and sport cars they can reach 60 miles per hour really quick. It takes 3.5 seconds for the Ferrari to reach 60 miles per hour and it only takes 3.0 seconds for the Lamborghini Gallardo to reach 60 miles per hour. Another difference is that the Lamborghini Gallardo is all wheel drive while the Ferrari 458 Italia is rear wheel drive. In this case rear wheel drive is better because it makes it a lot easier to turn or shift gears. Weight is another important factor when buying a sports car. You want the weight to be low so the car doesn’t have to use as much power to move. The Lamborghini Gallardo weighs 2,954 pounds and the Ferrari 458 Italia weighs 3,490 pounds. So the Ferrari has to work a little harder than the Lamborghini does. The Ferrari 458 Italia has 570 horsepower when the the Lamborghini Gallardo has 562 horsepower. So this would would mean that the Ferrari is a little bit stronger than the Lamborghini. Another important feature you want to look at before buying a car is the engine and how many cylinders it has. The Lamborghini Gallardo has ten cylinders and the Ferrari has eight cylinders. So the Lamborghini has more power and energy coming from the engine. The Lamborghini Gallardo and the Ferrari 458 Italia have many differences that make each car unique and extraordinary in their own way.

I concluded that the Lamborghini Gallardo is a better car to purchase. Overall the engine has more power and the customer ranking was higher for the Lamborghini than the Ferrari (cars.com). The engine has more energy that will last a longer amount of time. The Lamborghini also gets better city and highway milage, so the buyer wouldn’t have to fill their gas tank as often. And the Lamborghini weighs a couple hundred pounds less than the Ferrari, so the car wouldn’t have to work as hard to pull itself. So if you were a high end consumer the better choice of these two cars would be the Lamborghini Gallardo LPI70-4 Supper Leggra.