Blink | Teen Ink

Blink

April 16, 2012
By KateKlosterman SILVER, Wyndmere, North Dakota
KateKlosterman SILVER, Wyndmere, North Dakota
9 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Be impossible because impossible just means I'm possible.


Blink. Right now, just one quick blink. I mean it blink for me. Do you do it? I know some of you did and some of you are too cool to do it. Thank you for those who did and for you stubborn mules just do it already. Now that I have you all blinking, that was your life. Did you see it? I bet you didn’t. It was just too fast for you to grasp. A blink of an eye is all it takes for your life to change. The change could be for the better or it could take a turn for the worse. I hope in your life that blink was worth it. I hope once you see darkness that you open your eyes up to a whole new, exciting light. If that blink feels like you are wondering in an endless fog, without a soul to talk to, don’t stop walking. Keep on searching for that one person to come and save you. They’re there you just have to reach out to them. They have no idea that you’re lost in a maze of hopelessness and doubt. Don’t keep running into that same old wall you’ve seen over and over. Make a statement and be stronger than that red, brick wall that seems to hunt you with every move you make. Blink again. Did you see something different? Did you see happiness or sorrow? I blinked and saw aspiration and dreams. I promise you, I saw what I want to achieve in my life. I won’t lie; I did see my weak, depressing, dark past. I saw the obstacles and heartache I went through. I don’t want that for my future. I blinked and saw success. I blinked and felt happiness. I blinked and heard laughter. The second time you blinked was probably not like mine but it can be. Every time those feelings of failure and degrade, just blink. It’s a temporary solution but for that moment nothing matters. In that split second you see what you are capable of. After seeing it, now just believe in it. In the end, we chose our paths, dreams, and fates. We may make the wrong decisions and end up in a mess but that’s where we blink. Never forget that one blink could create a whole new story just waiting to be written.


The author's comments:
We all have the chance to start over. Don't forget it.